Manual programming of the AUDI factory remote controls.
The procedure works the same for both radio and infrared keyfob. The only additional condition for infrared – it must be aimed at the receiver in the center pillar of the car.
Important conditions – a normal battery in the key fob and a serviceable comfort unit.
Deleting from the car memory of the original remote control
- switch on ignition
(all further actions must be performed within 30 seconds, otherwise, the procedure will have to be repeated)
- close the driver’s door, lock the lock mechanically with the second key
- Press the unlock button 5 times in a row at an interval of 1 second – the machine beeps
- wait 6 seconds and press unlock once to activate memory cleaning.
central locking memory is cleared, the car “forgot” all the regular remote controls.
- Switch off / on ignition
(all further actions must be carried out within 30 seconds, otherwise, the procedure will have to be repeated)
- close the driver’s door, lock mechanically with the second key
- for the first remote control, press unlock once
after 6 seconds press unlocks again – the lock will open and the car will beep. The key is stored in the 1st position.
- switch off / on ignition
(all further actions must be performed within 30 sec, otherwise, the procedure must be repeated)
- close driver’s door, lock mechanically with the second key
- for the second remote control press unlock 2 times
after ~5 seconds press unlocks again – the lock will open, the car will beep. The key is written to the 2nd position.
and so on up to 4 pieces.
Programming Audi remotes via the diagnostics.
On later models, the programming of the original remote controls via diagnostics is available:
46 – comfort,
10 – adaptation – 021 – select desired key position – enter, press button on the key: write
Restore infrared and radio remote control synchronization
- Press any button on the key fob. If nothing happens then,
- keep the button on the keyfob pressed (infrared keyfob must remain aimed at the receiver, the radio direction is not important), for 1 minute mechanically close and open the car through the driver’s door lock
- check the remote control key operation
On later models – to synchronize the key in the ignition lock, turn on the ignition, press the remote and hold for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, remove the key and check the remote operation of the key.